Rockin The Baby

July 10, 2011

About Me, Parenthood

Thanks to Shell for coming up with another fun link-up for Rockin The Baby.

Lanagan was born in September of 2007, weighing in at 6lbs 9oz.

The doctor kept telling me throughout the end of my pregnancy that I was going to have a big baby. When he came out 6 pounds, we all were kind of shocked.

After a 3 night stay, it came time to get the little man dressed in his own clothes to go home.

My mom actually knew the sex during my pregnancy – even though we didn’t – so she made a little boy sweater for his going home outfit.

It didn’t quite fit. At all.

Like I said, we were expecting a big baby. Slight resemblance to MC Hammer with his pants. Fortunately it was really warm out so he went home in a onesie instead.

Lanagan taking first nap in his crib at home, surrounded by little stuffed bees.

This is how we dressed him for his first night at home.

Even though it was 90 degrees, we swore he needed a hat. A Winnie the Pooh fleece hat nonetheless. I look back at these pictures and I’m still shocked they let us leave the hospital with him.

You can see he wasn’t very pleased with this whole ensemble either.

A few years later, in December of 2009, along came Cooper.

He was a perfect little boy with chubby little cheeks.

He weighed in at 8lbs 11 oz. Slightly bigger than Lanagan. At least this time the sweater would fit.

The poor little guy remained nameless for almost his entire hospital stay until we finally agreed to Cooper on day 4.

The first time Lanagan and Cooper met each other. Yes, Charlie is wearing the same shirt he wore on the day we had Lanagan. We’re cheesy like that.

Our first night at home as a family of four. The boys in matching pajamas sitting by the Christmas tree. My little Norman Rockwell moment.

Until Lanagan tried to climb in the rocker with Cooper. Then it was back to chaos as usual.

Can’t wait to see all the other Rockin The Baby photos!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
, , ,

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.

95 Responses to “Rockin The Baby”

1. tracy@sellabitmum
    Says:

Oh my word adorable. Love the matching jammies.
    tracy@sellabitmum recently posted..Family Resemblance..Rockin The Baby

2. Galit Breen
    Says:

Oh those hospital photos! They were so, so little!!

{Sob, sniffle}

XO
    Galit Breen recently posted..Rockin’ the Baby!

3. Rachel {at} Mommy Needs a Vacation Says:

Adorable little baby boys!!!!
    Rachel {at} Mommy Needs a Vacation recently posted..Rockin’ the Baby

4. Alissa
    Says:

Love the bee pillow in the crib. And, we had that exact same blanket for our little guy. Cute kiddos!

5. MamaRobinJ
    Says:

So little! Love their sweetness, the matching pj’s and that crib. Too cute!
    MamaRobinJ recently posted..Rockin’ the Baby (Fever)

6. Alison@Mama Wants This
    Says:

Oh too cute!!! I love that we had our babies in December 2009, literally oceans apart :)
    Alison@Mama Wants This recently posted..Super Star: Alexandra from Good Day, Regular People

7. Practical Parenting Says:

Such loves! Riley went home in a ridiculously big outfit too…for the love of grandparents!

8. Jessica

I love your kids!

Make sure you save that sweater for your future grandkids, not that we want to be thinking about those right now.
    Jessica recently posted..Rockin The Baby

9. mom2kiddos Says:

Gosh, wonderful pictures Elena. Love it that Daddy wore the same shirt, love MC Hammer, love big brother with little brother, love all of ‘em!
    mom2kiddos recently posted..My Rockin’ Babes

10. Stephanie @ The Blue Zoo Says:

Oh my gosh, your boys are just the cutest!! I love the christmas pics too, so sweet.
    Stephanie @ The Blue Zoo recently posted..Rockin’ My Babies

11. Anastasia Says:

So freaking cute! They told me my last one would be way big too and she was 5.5 lbs, that’s it. Now she’s huge though.
    Anastasia recently posted..Food For Thought-The lots of YouTube Edition

12. Kimberly
    Says:

So so cute! Those Christmas pictures? Adorable!!
    Kimberly recently posted..Rockin’ the Baby

13. dysfunctional mom Says:

Awww, your boys are adorable! The pictures are beautiful.

14. Jessica Says:

So sweet! Can’t believe how fast they’ve grown and love that sweater and the hat, so funny!
    Jessica recently posted..The Hot Seat

15. Amanda @Wandering Says:

Love the “MC Hammer photo” – haha! And the Christmas photos are so sweet.
    Amanda @Wandering recently posted..MM 701-714

16. JDaniel4's Mom Says:

JDaniel was lost in his going home outfit too. I love the same sweater and shirt were worn to go home.
    JDaniel4′s Mom recently posted..Muffin Tin Monday- Summer Storm

17. Kimberly
    Says:

We did the same thing with our son. He was born in august and we thought he needed to wear a parka home. Cause we are smart like that.
    Kimberly recently posted..Apparently Being On Your Death Bed Does Not Exempt You From A Trip To The Cottage With Your In-Laws.

18. Leighann Says:

I forget how tiny they are when they come home.
    So sweet.

My doctor also told me my daughter was going to be huge and she ended up being 6lbs.
    Leighann recently posted..Rockin’ the Baby

19. Mrs. Weber
    Says:

What cuties and such a fun link-up! Love the sweater pics for both boys. I just want to know what hospital you gave birth at? Beaumont shoved me out after 24 hours…how did you manage to stay days?! My doctor also said I was going to have a high 7-8 pounder, but K was 9 lbs. My moral? Don’t believe doctors.

• Elena Wollborg Says:

I had Lanagan at RO Beaumont & Cooper at Troy Beaumont. I had a c-section with both. It’s pretty much mandatory 2-4 night stay. I milked it for 3 nights because I consider the hospital to be a resort. After the first wrong prediction, with Cooper she didn’t make any guesses on weight before he was born. ;)

20. Shell Says:

Oh, the cuteness!!! I kept hearing my first was going to be huge, too. Like no need to buy newborn or even 0-3 month clothes. Yeah, he was 7-11. Not teeny, but not gigantic, either!

Love those sibling pics!
    Shell recently posted..Rockin’ the Baby Link-Up with Prizes!

21. Stephanie
    Says:

They always look so small in their cribs! Adorable :) And the pj’s are to die for!
    Stephanie recently posted..Rockin’ The Baby!

22. Natalie Says:

Ha ha the big sweater picture is hilarious! That sweater is swallowing him! Aww I love the last pics of the two boys!
    Natalie recently posted..Rockin’ the Baby

23. gin Says:

What beautiful boys! I love the sweater picture; too cute. I think Lanagan and Cooper are very cool names too. Thanks for sharing. :)

24. Kristin @ What She Said
    Says:

I’m cracking up at the tight swaddle, the mittens, and the much-too-large Winnie the Pooh fleece hat ensemble in which you put Lanagan to bed on a sultry summer night. Ah, first-time parent ridiculousness. I remember it well. ;) Why were we always afraid they were going to freeze, even when it was 90-some degrees outside? I had a winter baby but as the seasons changed, I remember finding it hard to peel off the layers too.
    Kristin @ What She Said recently posted..Potty Training Can Wait

25. Julie @ mamamash Says:

What is with doctors and predicting size? They kept telling me Monkey was going to be 10+ pounds. He was a large but normal 8 lbs 10 oz!

I love how tiny Lanagan is in that big crib. One day you walk in there and he’s taking up the whole thing all of a sudden!

Cooper’s chubby cheeks and tiny chin beg to be nommed on!
    Julie @ mamamash recently posted..Officially burning up with baby fever

26. Elaine Says:

SUCH sweet photos! I want to nuzzle all these newborns SO badly! But they aren’t newborns anymore. *sigh* My boys had those same Christmas jammies!!! :D
    Elaine recently posted..Baby Love – Rockin’ the Baby

27. Angie@MamaInsomnia Says:

OMG your pics are so cute. I was the same way with Jack. The doctors kept saying he was going to be huge. When I woke up after my c-section (I slept through it!) and they told me he was only 7 lbs I was a little shocked too.
    The oversized sweater pic is my fav!

28. Jamee @ A New Kind of Normal
    Says:

OMG your boys are GORGEOUS! I love the Christmas pictures of them together! So cute!!!
    Jamee @ A New Kind of Normal recently posted..Rockin’ the Baby

29. Jessica Says:

So beautiful! I absolutely love your story and the accompany pictures!
    Jessica recently posted..SOC Sunday: I just want some cupcakes

30. Renee Says:

What adorable little boys! The sweater picture is so cute. It’s easy to forget how little they are.

31. A Mommy in the City
    Says:

These are just TOO cute!! I love it. Harlan was born in September {2009} and was 6lbs 9oz too! I didn’t realize Cooper and Harlan were so close in age!
    A Mommy in the City recently posted..Rockin’ the Baby

32. pinkflipflops Says:

awww the are so dang adorable!
    pinkflipflops recently posted..Best Salad Everrrrrr

33. Christine @ quasiagitato
    Says:

Delicious! I can not BELIEVE your mom knew the sex and you didn’t. Was she worried she would let it slip by accident?!?
    Christine @ quasiagitato recently posted..It’s 10pm. Do You Know Where Your Children Are?

34. cam Says:

that sweater is all kinds of awesome! your little guys are total cuteness! c
    cam recently posted..40 Before 40 No. 8 (Hola!)

35. Mommy's Paradise
    Says:

The white sweater picture, too funny. And the last picture with the matching clothes, awww, your boys are adorable.
    Mommy’s Paradise recently posted..I was rockin’ the baby, but …

36. Ali
    Says:

*sigh* OK, don’t take this the wrong way, but I usually think newborns are ugly but yours are SOOOOOOOO pretty. And yes, I’m fully aware that they’re boys. Now I’m crying. I totally have baby fever. This is the worst linkup ever.

• Elena Wollborg Says:

Thank you! Hahaha! I told Kim (@mamasmonologues) that her post gave me baby fever today. I know. I haven’t gone through this link-up yet. I’m sure tonight I’ll be craving another kid. ;)

37. Leigh Ann
    Says:

So tiny! That giant sweater is hilarious. I thought Z was huge when she was born since here sisters were so small. But then when we brought her home, THEY looked huge to me — no longer my babies. I love the Christmas pic!
    Leigh Ann recently posted..What does the bump lead to?

• Elena Wollborg Says:

I remember when we brought Cooper home thinking Lanagan was so huge as well. I remember our first night home Lanagan was in the bath and I was holding Cooper and I couldn’t believe what a big boy he was!

38. Missy | The Literal Mom
    Says:

So cute! Can you believe how small he looks in that HUGE crib!?
    Missy | The Literal Mom recently posted..A Literal Mom is Not Fake or Plastic

39. NotJustAnotherJennifer Says:

Oh, I’m in tears! The dr told me S would have a huge head. (Just what every expectant woman wants to hear!) Born stats – 90% height, 50% weight, 50% head size. Pfft! Lanagan in the sweater was too funny!
    NotJustAnotherJennifer recently posted..Rockin’ the Baby

40. Krista
    Says:

Oh that is so very sweet. I love the sweater on Lanagan.. and the hat… hahah! It’s fun being parents and getting to dress our kids however we want. :)

41. Rach B Says:

I love the sweater with the hammer pants. So cute! I was told my baby was going to be huge too. She was less than 6lbs.
    Rach B recently posted..Life Lessons: Birthday Style

42. Tonya Says:

So tiny. Were they really ever that small?
    Tonya recently posted..Rockin’ The Baby

43. Runnermom-jen Says:

I LOVE all of those pictures! The last ones with the matching pj’s are just too cute.
    Runnermom-jen recently posted..Rockin’ My Babies…

44. liz Says:

My girls were little, too. It’s almost like you don’t know how to hold them when they are that small.

I think it’s super funny that Charlie actually planned his top.
    liz recently posted..To Me, These Hips are a Sign of a Life Lived

• Elena Wollborg Says:

I know! I had such a hard time breastfeeding Lanagan because I was so worried I would hurt him. Well, I have to say, I’m the one who planned that all out. He just went along with it willingly. ;)

45. Maegan Says:

Adorable babies! And I love the giant sweater on your first born! Cute family.

46. julie gardner Says:

Oh I want a pair of those Christmas jammies in MY size.

AND the Winnie the Pooh hat.

(I know. I live in California. And I’m 42. Probably not necessary to wear that much fleece at my age and geographical location. but still.)

I want to be THAT adorable.

(hope your vacation is absolutely wonderful…will look forward to posts from you when you return! in the mean time, hooray for Guest Posters!)
    julie gardner recently posted..Today call me complete.

47. Tylaine Says:

Those are two gorgeous boys! I had a Christmas baby too….So fun!
    I love the one of your first in oversize clothes. And that closeup of your second….just precious, you wanna reach in and squeeze them!!

48. Andrea
    Says:

Oh! I love these. These are so cute. Your lil ones are adorable and the fact that Daddy has the same shirt on is just SO sweet. Seriously. Cheesy or not, it’s still cute! Love that pic where big brother meets lil brother for the first time.
    Andrea recently posted..Rockin’ The Baby!

49. Tayarra
    Says:

I realize I am like 8 days late with this but had to comment anyway. This is an adorable post and I completely cracked up at work when I read about and saw the sweater. Funny! Adorable babies!

I watched your video today too about control and here it goes again. Loved it! I’m going to try to do better with keeping up after vacation ; )!
    Tayarra recently posted..Friends/Family