A Frigid Compromise

January 13, 2013

Couples Time

Charlie and I have solved the age old question – What’s the secret to a successful marriage?

Two words.

Basement fridge.

Since moving into the apartment, we obviously had to give up our basement fridge. The catch all for things we bought when we were hungry, that we didn’t really need. Items that basically ended up rotting in two weeks and then were tossed out, never to see the light of day – but we still loved having it. We deemed it a necessary item to put into storage.

Basically, we wanted to make sure we could waste more money in the next house.

However, this cute little fridge eliminated theĀ who gets more real estate debate regarding the kitchen fridge. It was our little peace treaty. Our compromise. It never took sides. It accepted either one of us that was relegated to the basement with our non-essential items with open, perfectly-temperature-controlled arms on any given week.

Now on shopping days it’s like Nightmare on Elm Street with our lone fridge. Both of us huffing and puffing for space, daydreaming of the way it once was.

So, yes, upon the many things we’re excited for when we leave this place and finally get into our house, near the top of the list is definitely getting back our beloved basement fridge.

*photo credit: google image search

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.

7 Responses to “A Frigid Compromise”

1. Kimberly Says:

When we lived in an apartment we had a dorm sized fridge in the corner of the dining room (because that just SCREAMS classy). Anyway, that thing was amazing. Extra junk on a shopping trip? Throw it in there only to forget about it, let it rot and be covered in freezer burn, then toss it a few weeks later. Makes perfect sense, right?
    Kimberly recently posted..A Breakup

2. Alison Says:

The husband and I talked about an extra fridge, just for shits and giggles.
    We’re still er, talking about it.
    Alison recently posted..Memories Captured – January Linkup

3. Jenny
    Twitter:
    Says:

Holy perect timing! My husband and I just had a little squabble last night over whether to get a mini-fridge or a *real* fridge in our newly finished basement. I was pushing for a WINE fridge, to be honest, but I digress. I didn’t think a full-size fridge was necessary. You’ve just shown me the light. I hate how my husband thinks even a tablespoon of leftover peas is worth fridge real estate! Problem solved. He owes you one.
    Jenny recently posted..Top 10 Uses for My Post-Partum Gut Roll

4. Greta @gfunkified
    Twitter:
    Says:

We have a kitchen fridge, a garage fridge, and a basement deep freeze. I absolutely agree with you.
    Greta @gfunkified recently posted..Mamavation Update

5. Mrs. Weber
    Twitter:
    Says:

HA! Too funny. We have a fridge in the garage that is dubbed the beer fridge. We used to argue over the importance of beer over food…Him believing beer was the answer, me with food. Now, we have compromise and he feels manly with a fridge full of his ‘treats.’ ;)
    Mrs. Weber recently posted..Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies {Soft! Chewy! Delicious!}

6. Jessica
    Twitter:
    Says:

Can I have a basement liquor cabinet instead?
    Jessica recently posted..Problems With Homeschooling Two Kids

7. shannon Says:

We only have one fridge too – but at least only one of us is doing the grocery shopping!